Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Kneeling Christian

by An Unknown Christian,
Zondervan, 1970

It took me a while to read through this book, largely because of the style of writing. First published as a Zondervan paperback in 1945, this may have been written as early as sometime in the 1930s. Therefore, the language is quite different from how we would speak today.

That being said, the book is rich in content for the Christian who wants to advance his or her prayer life. Topics included describe what prayer is, who can pray, how to pray, and what hinders prayer. There is much to encourage the reader, and to convict him as well. It is clear that the author "gets" prayer and desires that we should get it, too.

I highly recommend The Kneeling Christian to you. It may be hard to find, but it will be worth it as it will change your understanding of prayer and stir up a desire in you for a more effective prayer life. I would like to go through it again sometime this year, but first I have to let my husband read it as he has been intrigued by what I have shared from it with him.

No comments: