David C. Cook, 2009
For over thirty years, millions have come to rely on Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary and insights on Scripture. “It isn’t enough," he states, "for us simply to read assigned portions of the Bible each day, as helpful as that is. A truly transforming experience involves meditating on what we read (Ps. 1:2), studying it carefully in the light of other verses, and then obeying what God tells us to do (Josh. 1:8).” The Transformation Study Bible offers the full text of the highly readable New Living Translation (which was created using a highly rigorous and scholarly approach) with accompanying notes and commentary from the 50 books in Dr. Wiersbe’s “Be” series.
The goal of this Study Bible is to enable readers "to appreciate, appropriate, and apply the Word of God," in order to produce "purity, joy, right values, hope, comfort, freedom, new life, peace, guidance, wisdom, integrity, encouragement, and effective prayer.” If you want to be a new person, knowing and obeying the will of God and becoming more like Jesus Christ, The Transformation Study Bible is an excellent tool to encourage that process.
The basic features of this Bible include:
- Introductions for each book of the Bible, helping the reader understand its background, important themes, and other key information.
- Book outlines that provide the key theme and key verse with other Scripture passages that fit into the flow of each book.
- Book overviews with timeless and practical lessons from Dr. Wiersbe.
- 'Catalyst notes' that discuss important biblical themes and character issues. These help prepare readers' hearts and minds as they study, and motivate them to have their lives transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- 'Be transformed' notes that direct the reader to the life-changing impact of a particular part of scripture.
- Cross references that reveal how different parts of Scripture are connected.
- Full colour maps that help readers locate significant sites and geographical relationships of places identified in the Bible.
- A dictionary-concordance that helps readers locate a verse or group of topically-related verses.
- Approximately 10,000 study notes that explain key Bible passages and how they apply to readers' lives.
Dr. Warren Wiersbe has produced a Bible that is clear, understandable, and applicable to the lives of its readers. He encourages believers of all levels to know and love the Bible and to experience the same transformation that has radically changed his life.