Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Knit Together

Discover God's Pattern for Your Life
by Debbie Macomber
FaithWords, 2007

Popular and prolific fiction author, Debbie Macomber, presents her first work of nonfiction. Here she puts forth twelve things that we were created for, including success, relationships, gratitude, and worship. Debbie talks openly about her faith and how it shapes her life, and uses real-life experiences to support her thesis. Occasionally a concept from knitting, a craft Debbie passionately pursues, will illustrate a point.

I found this book full of practical wisdom that I can apply to my own life. While the copy I read was borrowed from my local library, I intend to purchase my own so that I can highlight key ideas and make notes in the margins. It's a great book to purchase as a gift for the new high school or college graduate or for fans of the author.

No comments: